Re: WP6.0 -> Word6.0 conversion

Subject: Re: WP6.0 -> Word6.0 conversion
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 12:01:02 HST

We did a full installation of MS Office Pro (the W3.1 version), and Word 6 does
not come with an import filter for WPWIN6. We had to get it from the Microsoft
Web server ...

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."

To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU (Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L) @
Internet
cc: (bcc: David Jones/KSBEISD)
From: mrsmith @ CTS.COM (Marilynne Smith) @ Internet @ DATAHUB
Date: 04/11/96 11:41:00 PM

WinWord 6.0 should convert WordPerfect 6.0 OK. Not everything will be
great, but it should be close.

The operating rule of thumb is that a word processing program will convert
the major word processors up to the release levels in effect when the word
processor was released.

Because you don't have all the filters, I am wondering if you did a full
installation of WordPerfect 6.0. Sometimes people do a custom installation
to save space and then wonder why they lose some of the features.

Marilynne
At 12:58 AM 4/12/96 -0400, Marta Cepek wrote:
>Can anyone tell me where I can find a conversion utility (or filters) that
>can convert from WordPerfect 6.0 (Win) to WinWord 6.0, which will preserve
>the formatting and styles (such as borders, etc)?

>It seems WP only comes with export filters for up to Word 2.0c, and Word
>only has import filters for up to WP 5.x. This is no good for me! Any help
>would be greatly appreciated. Please reply directly to me and I'll
>summarize to the list.

>TIA
>Cheers!
>Marta Cepek