Relative merits of HTML generators

Subject: Relative merits of HTML generators
From: Pamela Shannon <pam -at- WORKGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 11:13:13 EDT

My two colleagues and I are planning to convert our FrameMaker
manuals into Web pages for use as online help, and have been
researching various tools for this purpose. We have
pretty much narrowed the choice to WebMaker's Harlequin
and Quadralay's WebWorks Publisher. This whole area, however,
is new to us, and we'd appreciate your advice.

Specific advice about ease-of-use, bugginess, support,
flexibility, and appropriateness for the task would be
most helpful. What problems have you run into using either
product? What should we look for, or avoid?

Other questions remain:
Is the underlying idea of having docs (which BTW are not written
yet) double as online help really doable? Will users like this, or
feel cheated? Someone out there surely has experience in this
area -- any suggestions you can offer would be appreciated.

Pam Shannon
Workgroup Technology Corp.

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net