Publications Department Size

Subject: Publications Department Size
From: Jeanine Center <jmc -at- FAME -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 11:22:05 EDT

I work in a company of about 125 employees. There are five of
us in the Publications Department, and we do everything from
traditional software manuals to on-line documentation, Web
content, periodicals, marketing materials, and product
packaging. We will also begin producing interactive demos and
tutorials soon.

I'd like to hear from writers in companies of a similar size.
How many writers does your company employ? How many product
manuals do you write and maintain, and what other publications
do you do? Is the size of your department determined by the
total number of employees in the company?

I receive the TECHWR-L list in digest form, so please respond
directly to me. If list participants are interested in a summary
of the information I receive, I'll be happy to provide one.

Thank you. Your responses will be very helpful to me.

Jeanine Center
jmc -at- fame -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net