Documenting System Under Development

Subject: Documenting System Under Development
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 07:44:00 +0100

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Richard Mateosian an All am 17.04.96

RM> From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- c2 -dot- org>

RM> >This seems like a lot of wasted effort and frustration to me,
RM> but
RM> >I have been told to start documenting the system now.

RM> The first steps in documenting a system involve planning and
RM> information
RM> gathering, not writing. ...RM

...and you could do quite different things: At one customer who is planning a
software project with developement teams in four different cities we will do
"inhouse documentation". We will write check lists and forms for the
programmers.

Forms not only means "design a sheet of paper to fill in", e.g.
to describe a window or message box. This will also mean at least organize
prototype windows the programmers are expected to use as often as possible,
build a glossary of all terms used in the unser interface and other things.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

PS: My service provider rebuilt much of his equipment during the last weeks.
This meant that my UUCP connection more or less dried up. If you miss an
answer from me, please resend your message.

--
|Fidonet: Alexander Von_obert 2:2490/1719
|Internet: avobert -at- twh -dot- msn -dot- sub -dot- org

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net