Status report on TECHWR-L FAQ/FDT

Subject: Status report on TECHWR-L FAQ/FDT
From: Emily Skarzenski <eskarzenski -at- DTTUS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 11:45:49 CST

Hi, whirlers:

A couple of months ago, there was some clamoring on the list for a FAQ. I
was so convinced of the merits of a FAQ that I volunteered (gulp) to
captain the effort.

In the following weeks, I recruited some volunteers, put together some
ideas about how to tackle the project, and assembled (with Eric's help --
thanks, Eric) the list archives from the last year.

So, I'm ready to get started, and find I can't devote *any* time to it. I
won't make a lot of excuses about this -- I know we all have tight
schedules -- but my work environment has changed rather drastically in the
last month. Namely, the other writer working on my project has left the
company, and he will not be replaced immediately. That means my job just
got twice as big for the time being. We just released a beta version of
our product, and we're shipping a GA release in 6 weeks -- so things are
extraordinarily hectic anyway right now. I worked 74 hours in the last 5
days, including one whopping 21-hour stint! @:-(

Anyway, I'm posting a message in hopes that some other Techwhirler with a
slightly less congested schedule will volunteer to take over the project
and get it moving. I will be more than happy to pass along the list of
volunteers and the archives, as well as the ideas that we bounced around
for tackling the job.

Interested parties should reply directly to me.

Emily M. Skarzenski
Deloitte & Touche/ICS - Chadds Ford, PA
eskarzenski -at- dttus -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net