Re: Websites

Subject: Re: Websites
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 07:53:56 HST

> Slap me down if this is off-topic, okay? Or point me at a better place to
find an answer. I'm at a loss, which is why I'm posting here.
I need to find out how to create a website that does the following things:
1. It won't let users go outside to play.
2. It won't let anybody else come in.<
Sounds simple to me ... set the Web site up on an existing network (i.e.,
Novell) server that is *not* connected to the Internet. You don't need an
internet connection to view web pages -- they just need to be on a server your
staff can access.
With no Internet connection, nobody can get to your server except through
your existing company network ... which you presumably already have adequate
security on!

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net