Subject: techwr-lers in Seattle
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 09:06:27 -0500

from Sigrid:
>>AND, I never saw any messages about whether or not techwhirlers are
>>meeting at the conference. Could someone please let me know if there is a
>>time and place? Thanks.

from Kat:
>I like the idea of meeting in a designated corner of the room at the
>opening reception Sunday night. Hey, LaVonna! Aren't you the one who
>organized us last year? Do you still have any leftover "I lurk on

Yes and maybe. :) Actually, Kim Fawcett (kfawcett -at- dy4 -dot- com) spoke up to
say that she would gather a list of folks who want to try to get together.
Kim plans to gather folks for a Wed. night dinner. (I will be gone by
then.) Contact her to put your name on the list if you are interested.

I'll still try for our traditional techwr-l "reception within a reception" at
the Welcome Reception Sunday evening. ("Traditional?" you ask? Well, this
*will* be our third year to do this, after all!)

Let's try to meet ~~starting at 8:00 p.m.~~ in the reception room in one
of the corners of the wall opposite the band. (If anyone out there knows
anything about the layout of the reception ballroom, please send me email.)
(Does anyone want to volunteer to make a sign?) To make it easier to find
little 5 ft. 3 in. me in a crowd, I'll wear green from head to toe in honor
of our hosting "Emerald City."

I plan to have yellow stickers again to stick on your name badges (two
varieties--one for regulars and one for lurkers), so try to register on
Sunday if you can.

Thanks, Kat, for bringing the subject up!

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser, COREComm
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com (work)
http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net