Technical Writer wanted for Chicago area

Subject: Technical Writer wanted for Chicago area
From: Carla Martinek <carlam -at- MINERVA -dot- ODESTA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 13:52:36 -0500

Open Text Corporation, an innovative designer of intranet and WEB software
applications, has an immediate opening for an experienced technical writer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, 401K, and a flexible
work environment located in the scenic northern Chicago suburbs, close to
I-294.

As a member of the documentation group, you will work on a team as well a
support other writers with their projects. You will create developer's and
end-user's manuals, technical notes, release notes, and on-line
documentation for the Livelink System and Livelink Builder software
applications. you are expected to do your own research, organize your own
projects, generate any required graphics, maintain a tight schedule, and
comfortably work with software developers, trainers, testers, and support
personnel.

Required Skills:
* bachelor's degree in technical communications,
computer science, or a related field
* excellent technical skills
* excellent language skills (writing, grammar, editing)
* experience with the Microsoft help compiler
* layout and desktop publishing expertise (Word and PageMaker preferred)

Additional Beneficial Skills
* familiarity with client/server applications, document management, and
workflow
* knowledge of WEB software and HTML
* familiarity with object-oriented development environments
and 4GL scripting languages
* exposure to SQL and relational database
management systems (e.g., Oracle, Sybase, etc.)

To find out more about Open Text and our products, visit our web site at:
http://www.opentext.com

If you meet our requirements, please mail, e-mail, or FAX your cover letter
and resume to:

Open Text Corporation
Attn: Staffing Department
2201 S. Waukegan Rd., Suite S-300
Bannockburn, IL 60015
E-MAIL: techwr -at- odesta -dot- com
FAX: (847) 267-9332

No phone calls, please. Candidates who violate this request will not be
considered.

Regards,
Carla Martinek <<carlam -at- odesta -dot- com>>
Technical Writer, Open Text Corporation

"I love deadlines. I like the *whooshing* sound they make as they fly by."
---Douglas Adams
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net