Technical Writing in French

Subject: Technical Writing in French
From: Louis Rondeau <LOUIS -at- LACITEC -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 15:07:23 EST

Fellow "r=E9dacteurs techniques",

I am about to leave my regular full-time job to start freelancing
as a technical writer/translator, and I was wondering if some of you
have had any experience writing technical material in French.

I have a diploma in Translation, but I have been a Technical Writer
for the past 6 years in a French-speaking environment, writing
almost exclusively in French. I sometimes have the feeling that I'm
the only French-speaking technical writer within a 200-mile radius.
That is one reason that I wish to combine both my Translator's and
Technical Writer's skills... just in case Technical Writing in French
is a dead-end.

I would much appreciate it if you could share (in French
perhaps?) with me your experiences, if any, on this subject.

Please reply to me off the list; however, if you feel this subject can
bring about an interesting discussion on the TECHWR-L list, then, by
all means, post your thoughts on the list.

Merci =E0 toutes et =E0 tous!

Louis Rondeau La Cit=E9 coll=E9giale
R=E9dacteur technique/Technical Writer 801, promenade de l'Aviation
Ress. informatiques/Comp. Resources Ottawa (Ontario) K1K 4R3
Internet: louis -at- lacitec -dot- on -dot- ca (613) 742-2493 - Poste/Ext. 2414
ak004 -at- freenet -dot- carleton -dot- ca
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net