Re: Sexual Orientation and Tech Comm

Subject: Re: Sexual Orientation and Tech Comm
From: "Cheverie, Paul [Cont]" <paul -dot- cheverie -at- GPO -dot- CANADA -dot- CDEV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 11:01:00 EDT

Folks,
Would all the gay-bashing, white-supremacist,
anybody-who-isn't-one-of-us-is-the-enemy-of-god types please take one step
to the right....
Would all the weak-kneed,
apologists-for-being-middleclass-white-anglosaxon-protestant-males and
commie feel-good historical revisionists please take one step to the
left.....
Good. Now if you will just keep stepping to the left and right, and
step right on outa here maybe we can get back to the business of technical
communications and leave the social engineering for other lists. There is a
place for this discussion, but this ain't it folks.
Where ever there is a group of people there is going to be
discrimination - it's not good, but it is an active facet of human nature. I
don't like discrimination of any kind, and I try to make sure that it
doesn't happen in my workplace. But I am not willing to waste bandwidth on
this list decrying the limited vision of those who practice discrimination.
If I need to do that I will find a list that serves that purpose (and
dollars to doughnuts, there is one). This list is about the practice of
technical communications (or at least I though it was).
Personally I don't care one way or the other what the race, religion,
sex or sexual orientation is of my co-workers or my colleagues. Your
lifestyle isn't any of my business. And my lifestyle is none of your
business. Having said that, God help anyone who discriminates against my
people in the workplace because I won't put up with it.
<soapbox mode off>
Paul C.
paul -dot- cheverie -at- gpo -dot- canada -dot- cdev -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net