Re: Nonstandard HTML

Subject: Re: Nonstandard HTML
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 14:11:22 -0700

>But the customers said that they believed presentation and branding was more
>important to pubs folks than timeliness or accuracy or completeness. Because
>they were always having problems with those areas, but the books always looked
>great.

The customers apparently don't realize how easy it is to make books look
great and how hard it is to make them timely, accurate, and complete.

I remember thinking, about 12 years ago when all this DTP stuff started, how
much beautifully produced trash I was seeing.

It's gotten better, but we're still on the steep part of the communications
media improvement curve. Things will eventually slow down, and we'll stop
"seeing" the media and be able to focus on the content again. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer
srm -at- c2 -dot- org Copyright 1996 Review Editor, IEEE Micro
http://www.c2.org/~srm/ All rights reserved President, Berkeley STC

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net