HTML

Subject: HTML
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 10:00:00 -0600

Just a note for the SGML fanciers out there. The most recent edition of
NetWork World is out, covering their tenth anniversary. As part of the
celebration they interviewed ten industry pioneers. One of them was Tim
Berners-Lee, and one question was:

Q: If you could do HTML all over again, would you do it differently?

A: Definitely. I would not use SGML syntax. It would be a nested set of
objects, more like NextStep or Andrew objects, extendable by downloadable
code. Then again, that would never have taken off in the community.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net