RDBS Terminology: Recap

Subject: RDBS Terminology: Recap
From: Melonie Holliman <mrh -at- ABMDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 09:22:07 +0000

Howdy, again!

Thanks for ALL the input (lots and lots).

The majority says stay with relational database
terminology (rows and columns). I think I will
do this with ALOT of explanation for our readers.

One more question--the single block formed by
an intersection of a row and a column, in a Word
or Frame table this is called a cell. However, the
programmers tell me you call both this single block
and the column a "column". That, I know, will not
fly with my readers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for the help.


Post Message: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Get Commands: LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU with "help" in body.
Unsubscribe: LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU with "signoff TECHWR-L"
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net

Previous by Author: Help with Relational Database Terminology
Next by Author: Peace, love, and techwriting
Previous by Thread: Re: Best Medical Dict or CD
Next by Thread: Re: RDBS Terminology: Recap

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads