Re: SUGGESTION: TechWR and Translation

Subject: Re: SUGGESTION: TechWR and Translation
From: David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 16:11:03 EDT

To answer John Posada's first three questions, I would say that either you
have trust in your translator, or you don't. Having something translated twice
is expense. As a certified translator for technology, I can tell you that one
of the reasons for the high cost of translations is the quality of the job done.

As for the last question, if you want to continue doing business with Herr
Doktor XXX, when speaking with him, or writing to him, you *must * use his
title. A colleague and I are currently working on a book about the cultural
differences dealing with training and documentation and, one of the things that
is constant in the world, you address someone based on their culture's
etiquette, not ours.

David Dubin -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com
This has been one man's opinion, yours may vary with mileage, ... aber euer'
Meinung ist mir sowieso egal.

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net