TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Berkeley Design Technology, Inc. is a publishing, software and technical
services company focused on digital signal processing (DSP) technology.
The company was founded by U.C. Berkeley faculty and researchers,
and is located in Fremont, California (15 miles north of San Jose).
We're within walking distance of the Fremont BART station.
BDT authors and publishes a highly regarded series of industry reports
and books on practical topics relevant to the design of many types of
electronic systems based on digital signal processing. In addition,
BDT produces custom technical analysis reports for leading
semiconductor, electronic systems, and software companies.
BDT is experiencing strong growth, and as a result we are seeking an
energetic, talented Technical Writer.
In this position, your responsibilities may include:
* Write technical reports and books, working closely with senior
technical staff. Clearly and concisely communicate complex
technical ideas. These will range from published reports
several hundred pages in length to client reports of 10 to 50
* Write articles for trade journals and magazines, distilling
concepts for a variety of audiences.
* Research and analyze microprocessors, applications, algorithms,
and software tools.
* Create technical presentations.
* Devise innovative ways to make use of electronic media (e.g.,
world-wide web, CD ROM) to promote and distribute BDT's products
* Edit reports, books and documentation.
* Write specifications for new software, processors, and tools.
* Create documentation for application software and tools.
This position requires a mixture of very strong technical and
communications skills. A bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
or equivalent experience is strongly preferred. Special value is
placed on the ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex
This position requires:
* Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
* Strong organizing skills.
* Solid technical background in at least one of the following areas:
* Microprocessor and computer architecture.
* Software development concepts.
* Signal processing fundamentals.
* An inclination towards producing very high-quality work.
* Ability to master desktop publishing tools.
* An ability and willingness to juggle multiple assignments, adapt
to fast-changing circumstances, and to do what it takes to get
the job done.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the U.S. BDT will
assist qualified candidates with the Visa application process.
Reply with your resume to:
Berkeley Design Technology, Inc.
39355 California Street, Suite 206
Fremont, CA 94538
PLEASE, do not reply to the account from which this was posted.
Use the "writer -at- bdti -dot- com" address instead. Thanks.
Post Message: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Get Commands: LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU with "help" in body.
Unsubscribe: LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU with "signoff TECHWR-L"
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net