Re: Information Presentation Question (#816797)

Subject: Re: Information Presentation Question (#816797)
From: Bill Burns <wburns -at- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 15:11:56 -0600

28-MAY-1996 13:59:05.98

Dave writes:

>Here is a question that I hope will interest you, spur some debate and will
>lead to either dissonance or concurrence. If you had to pick the top two (2)
>methods of presenting a block of information quickly and completely, what would
>they be and why? The information to be presented is informational, not
>procedural, and it may be lineal or linked via topics. I do not want to provide
>examples, as they may influence your decisions. I am working on standardization
>(again) and the topic of information presentation was open. TIA for all your
>eventual comments, suggestions, and time.

Help me out, bud. I'm still lacking some important information here. In what
context would this information be presented? Is it for an audience in a lecture
or seminar setting or for a reader of a user's guide OR _fill in your favoriute
audience here_? (I mean ALL writing involves presentation of a sort, right?)
Is the information broad, or does it define key concepts? Can the presentation
be performed using an electronic medium?

Bill Burns
Assembly Training and Documentation Supervisor
WBURNS -at- MICRON -dot- COM

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net