Re: project management info

Subject: Re: project management info
From: Jacob Matthan <findians -at- NETPPL -dot- FI>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 19:45:59 +0300

Hi Roberta,

In my course on Project Management these are the references that I use
presently - maybe missing only a couple of the latest books:

Project Management References
Project Management, A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling and
Controlling, H. Kerzner, Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., 1995.
Project Management Fifth Edition, Dennis Lock, Gower Publishing Co.
Ltd., England, 1995
The Management of Projects, Peter W. G. Morris, Thomas Telford Services
Ltd., UK, 1994.
Project Planning and Control, 2nd Edition, Albert Lester,
Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd, UK, 1991.
Project Management in Engineering Services and Development, Ernst G.
Frankel, Butterworth &amp; Co. (Publishers) Ltd., UK, 1990.
Management of Engineering Projects, Edited by Richard Stone, Macmillan
Education Ltd., UK, 1988.
Project Management: Methods and Studies, Edited by Burton V. Dean,
Elsevier Science Publishers B. V., The Netherlands, 1985.
Project Management for Small and Medium Size Businesses, Harold Kerzner
and Hans J. Thamhain, Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., US, 1984
Project Management: Techniques, Applications, and Managerial Issues,
Second Edition, E. W. Davis, Editor, Industrial Engineering and
Management Press, US, 1983.
Management of Engineering Projects, Victor G. Hajek, McGraw-Hill Book
Company, US, 1977.
Project Control Manual, Sven R. Hed, Switzerland, 1973.

I also use two great Mac software to demonstrate the power of the Mac in
Project Management - the original MacProject (which i started using way
back in 1986-87) on which others (as usual) have built their Project
Management software (rather poor copies and terribly buggy that usually
my students used to the PC throw out the programs and move over to the
Mac and this ancient program) and another superb one called HyperProject
(I only have the free demo version for my students to play around
with) which is based on the Hypercard software but is a Mac stand alone
program.

Students love to play with these and develop great Project Management
schedules, etc. Totally interactive and pofessional but simple enough for
an absolute layman.

Let me know if you want any more info. I have to start working on next
years lectures so would be interested if you unearth any good and recent
references and resources not mentioned above. Do not bother to give me any
Microsoft related products or any that run on Windows as it is too much
hassle for my students as they are interested in Project Management and
not tinkering around to get a computer to work!

Regards

Jacob Matthan
Oulu, Finland

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net