Usability mailing list

From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 13:38:09 +0800

Colleen -

do you mean UTEST? Here it is:

"To become a subscriber to the UTEST list:

Send an e-mail message to: listproc -at- hubcap -dot- clemson -dot- edu
Leave the subject line blank.

In the body of the message have a single line, containing the words
"subscribe utest" followed by your name -- for example:

subscribe utest Donald Duck

A person at this site will handle your subscription and send you a
confirmation message explaining how to unsubscribe, send messages,
and do other useful things."

I also subscribe to a list called uietips. It's run by a private UI design
company but it's not marketing crap. Low-volume but some good stuff:

"Welcome to UIETips.

This discussion list is about designing user interfaces -- what
works and what doesn't.

A lot of the discussion on this list will be data oriented. We
will focus on results from usability testing and other means of
collecting data.

We will also discuss techniques to collect data from your
application's users. Usability testing, contextual inquiry, focus
groups, and user myth realization are amongst the many topics.

This list is an extension of Eye For Design, a newsletter published
by User Interface Engineering. For a complimentary issue of Eye
For Design, send your postal address to jspool -at- uie -dot- com -dot-

Occasionally we will also post User Interface Engineering News.
This regular posting is intended for our clients and friends to
keep them posted on our lastest activities and things we've found
of interest. It also allows us to let you know of upcoming events
and the newest resources.

To subscribe to UIETips, just send a message to
UIETips-Request -at- uie -dot- com -dot- The only word in the body of the message
should be SUBSCRIBE.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jared Spool
at jspool -at- uie -dot- com -dot- "

I got the free copy of the newsletter and it was excellent. I've sent off
for a subscription.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) Voice: +61 9 328 8288
Functional Software Pty Ltd Fax: +61 9 328 8616

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net