Re: Inventing words unnecessarily and redundantly that aren't needed.

Subject: Re: Inventing words unnecessarily and redundantly that aren't needed.
From: Sabahat Iqbal Ashraf <ashrafs -at- RPI -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 23:27:30 -0400

On Jun 6, 6:03pm, Cheverie, Paul [Cont] wrote:
> Subject: Inventing words unnecessarily and redundantly that aren't needed.
> >>Good point -- I forget how so much of this on the Internet depends on the
> honorability of its users rather than the systems that make up the net.<<

> "honorability"?
> Sorry, folks. I couldn't let this one slip by. Does this mean we have
> the ability to have honor, or we have the ability to practise honourable
> behaviour? I whole heartedly agree that we are dependant upon the honour of
> all other Internet users, as they are dependant upon ours, but I don't
think
> I know what honorability means.

The tendency to, as a rule ("more often than not", if you will, or "unless
really pushed"), exhibit honorable/honourable behaviour.

If honorable/honourable is a word, can honorability/honourability be far
behind?

Sabahat.

--
2209 15th Street ashrafs -at- rpi -dot- edu
Troy, NY 12180 www.rpi.edu/~ashrafs

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net