Re: Diff. between this newsgroup and maillist

Subject: Re: Diff. between this newsgroup and maillist
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 09:24:42 -0700

>What's the supposed difference between bit.listserv.techwr-l and the
>the messages in the maillist are items better posted to a newsgroup.

Hi, Elna -

Perhaps this stems from obsolete experience (some from the mid-1980s, some
recent), but I can't stand reading newsgroups.

For most of us the problems are:

* We don't have the high-speed connections necessary to
read news effectively.

* We don't have the technology to integrate news and email
smoothly.

* We don't have good PC-based newsreaders.

Everything is always changing, so maybe I'll give newsgroups another chance
one of these days. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer
srm -at- c2 -dot- org Copyright 1996 Review Editor, IEEE Micro
http://www.c2.org/~srm/ All rights reserved President, Berkeley STC

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net