Re: Screen Capture -- Related Question:TIFFs

Subject: Re: Screen Capture -- Related Question:TIFFs
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:27:53 -0800

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:48:44 -0500, Janet S. Myers wrote:

> They want my
>screen captures as grey-scale TIFFs. The TIFFs from both PhotoFinish and
>Paint Shop Pro translate as negative images when they get to the MAC. The
>current solution is that I send .BMP files and Publications translates to
>grey scale TIFF on the MAC then replace images in the document. There must
>be a less time consuming alternative...

>Does anyone know why the TIFFs get reversed from PC to MAC? Does it have
>anything to do with the capture programs? With Word?

It has to do with the numerous different options applicable to the TIFF
format.

Maybe this is too obvious, but can't you just have PSP or PhotoFinish
do a negative-image process before saving the files that are going to
the Mac? Or do they not have such a feature?

Your friend and mine,
Matt
"Maybe all I need, besides my pills and surgery,
is a new metaphor for... reality." -- Queensryche

Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Next Level
Productions, or anyone else of sound mind from this planet or dimension!

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net