Screen capture programs

Subject: Screen capture programs
From: GERALDINE WHITT <GenWhitt -at- PRODIGY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 12:33:07 -0500

I use Hijaak Pro and find it excellent. It allows fast screen
captures with some options (show or hide cursor/mouse pointer for
example) and the images can be manipulated somewhat (colors changed -
pixel-edited if needed). Sets of color changes can be saved to a
settings file, then re-loaded when needed: so I can use the settings
file that will convert to black and white in the best way - according
to whether it is a screen or menu capture, and the software version
I'm documenting at the time. It also allows cropping and conversion
between a lot of different file types, and conversion of many files
in one action. Saving files as PCX instead of BMP saves an awful lot
of disk space with the same visual result. Example: the same image
saved as a BMP file (481,078) and as a PCX (37,470). Hijaak graphics
suite also comes with clipart and other bits and pieces. It was
recently bought out by Quarterdeck.

Also, I occasionally use the screen capture utility that comes with
RoboHelp.

Gen Whitt
La Crescenta, CA

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net