Job Opening: N. California

Subject: Job Opening: N. California
From: weber -at- EASI -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 13:19:30 -0700

TECHNICAL WRITER (staff position)
EA Systems Inc., Alameda, CA
---------------------------------

EA Systems Inc. is an international supplier of software
applications and services used in the design and engineering
of complex industrial process and power generation plants.
Our applications run on Windows NT and OpenVMS, with support
for clients running Windows 95, 3.1, and 3.11.

We are looking for a technical writer and experienced Windows
Help developer to work on a wide variety of manuals, and help
us move our information to Windows Help. Projects range
from minor updates to major rewrites and new writing. Upcoming
work includes updating command language and system administration
reference material for our computer-aided engineering software,
and reorganizing and streamlining information to make it suitable
for Windows Help.

Candidates must have excellent writing skills. A technical
writing, journalism, or other writing degree is preferred.

Requirements:

- Excellent interviewing, communication, and research skills
- Understanding of database concepts, CAD concepts, or both
- Experience with Windows software including Word for Windows
and FrameMaker or similar products
- Familiarity with client/server applications
- Desire to learn and use the software you document
- Willingness to participate in developing and refining
department standards and procedures

Experience in an engineering environment is also helpful.

If you enjoy working in small-company environment with high-
tech software products, varied assignments, and a high level
of responsibility, please contact us.

Faith Weber, Lead Writer
EA Systems Inc.
980 Atlantic Avenue, Ste. 103