Framemaker 5.1 for Windows and OS/2

Subject: Framemaker 5.1 for Windows and OS/2
From: DIGEST Bruce Byfield <byfield -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 13:46:22 +0800

Ordinarily, I'd post this question to the OS/2 internet
groups, but I suspect I'm more likely to get an answer here:
Does anybody know if Framemaker 5.1 for Windows will run
under OS/2? I'd prefer to run it under OS/2, but I'm wondering if
the Win32s system files will prevent me.
Also, assuming that OS/2 will run Framemaker, are there any
special settings?
Probably, I'm out of luck (at least until the new version of
OS/2 ships later this year), but, if so, that's what the boot manager
is for--I'll just have to start my machine in Windows.
My thanks in advance for any replies.

Bruce Byfield (byfield -at- direct -dot- ca)
Burnaby, B. C., Canada (604) 421-7189
Technical Documentation, Demos & Instruction

P.S.--Longtime Framemaker users might be interested to hear that its
features are creeping into other programs. Clearlook, an OS/2 word
processor still in its early stages, seems to have tried to streamline
Frame features, and I understand that WordPro, the successor to Ami
Pro, includes a layout grid and other Frame-inspired features.

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net