Re: SAP

Subject: Re: SAP
From: Margaret Packman <mpackman -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 09:26:05 -0700

I think Chris is referring to "Service Advertising Protocol". It's a Novell
NetWare term that applies to the way LAN and WAN ports are "discovered" by
the network. I've written a little about it for a product that included a
SAP filtering feature that lets the network manager control which IPX
services are visible on which LAN segments.

Probably the best place to look for the info would be in a NetWare
reference book.

Chris, I'd be happy to give you what I have, but my material is mostly in
reference to installing and using the filter.