market survey

Subject: market survey
From: Nancy McGuire <Nkmcguire -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 12:31:36 -0400

I am a "downsized" analytical chemist who is starting a freelance science
editing/writing business. I live in the Midwest, but would like to relocate
to the New York City area as soon as I can afford it. Please take a few
minutes to answer the following questions, and e-mail your responses directly
to me. You may remain anonymous if you choose. If I get more than ten
everyone's information. This survey is also posted on CHEMINF-L.
Thanks in advance,
Nancy McGuire
nkmcguire -at- aol -dot- com

1. What kind of organization do you work for? (university, government,
chemical manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, other - specify)
2. Are you using more/fewer/the same number of freelancers now than you did
five years ago?
3. What types of projects are you contracting out to freelancers? (manual
writing, abstracting, copy editing, other - specify)
4. What rates do you typically pay?
5. Do you use freelance editors or writers to assist your colleagues for
whom English is a second language?
6. Do you hire freelancers more than 50 miles away from your business
location?