Short Manuals

Subject: Short Manuals
From: "Melinda M. Carr" <melindac -at- CAPSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 13:25:17 -0700

I received Word 95 last week and was surprised at the new manual, which
is much shorter than my Word 6 manual. The only step-by-step
procedures that I saw as I skimmed were in the installation section.

Are your companies moving to shorter manuals? Are you relegating
step-by-steps to the helps? How have your customers responded? How do you
decide what to leave in and what to eliminate?

Melinda (melindac -at- capsoft -dot- com)