Re: Abbreviation for kilobits per second

Subject: Re: Abbreviation for kilobits per second
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 09:17:15 -0800

On Wed, 26 Jun 1996 19:35:17 -0400, DAVID IBBETSON wrote:

> Sabahat Iqbal Ashraf publishes a table of the SI prefixes.

>He gives <mu>, the Greek character mu for micro. This is correct, but often
>not available, or only available with difficulty.

I normally find the Greek characters from 224 to 239 on my ASCII chart
(mu being 230), but this isn't always available either; typing Alt-230
in PMMail gives me a 'z'. As with any special characters, it depends
on the character set and codepage your system is using.

>P.S. Readers do know what a typist is?

Adherants to that ancient and nearly extinct religeon of Typism?
<g,radfc>

Your friend and mine,
Matt