Re: ATAN2

Subject: Re: ATAN2
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 11:46:13 -0700

Elsa --

In 1989 I wrote a definition of ATAN2 in "Mastering Wingz," one of the 31
books I've written about software. The definition:

ATAN2(x,y)

ATAN2 returns the arctangent of the point defined by xnumber and ynumber.
ATAN2 determines the arctangent of the angle represented by the x-axis
and a line drawn from the point of coordinates xnumber and ynumber to the
zero point on both axes. The result is an angle in radians. A positive
result is a counterclockwise angle from the x-axis; a negative result is
a clockwise angle.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems