Re: Style Guides

Subject: Re: Style Guides
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 07:51:00 EST

At 09:37 AM 6/28/96 +0300, you wrote:
>I'm involved in a committee which is developing the style guide
>for writing customer documentation.(This particular guide will not
>handle issues like format, typeface, design, etc.) What
>are some of the categories you think are important in a style
>guide? Did you ever try to find an answer in your company's style
>guide but were unable to?

We use a unique series of forms to create style guides. The package is
called The Documentation Blueprint and it's both forms and a methodology for
using them. You can check it out on www.comprose.com. With these forms, you
can't possibly forget anything, and it has all of the possible categories
you could imagine.

Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice) 317.899.5987 (fax)
FrameMaker support ForeHelp support

Makers of DuoFrame, giving you online help and paper
documentation from a single parent FrameMaker document.

http://www.iquest.net/simply/simplywritten