Re: Word to Frame conversions

Subject: Re: Word to Frame conversions
From: Carla Martinek <carlam -at- MINERVA -dot- ODESTA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 08:40:59 -0500

Laurah:

You wrote:
>How well do documents created in Word (6.0 and 7.0) convert to Frame?
>One of the stumbling blocks in our quest to convert was that there
>were rumors that Word doesn't convert very well to Frame at all..
<snip>

Frame will open *or* import word files with no problem. IMPORTANT: The
key is to have your paragraph styles matching in both packages (and
capitalization counts) -- this will minimize re-tagging.

Step 1. Open/import you doc in frame. (The format may look a little
funky, but don't worry.)

Step 2. Re-import your styles from your MASTER FRAME TEMPLATE. This will
re-format the newly imported text.

All done, with a minimum of hassle!