Re: Jump colours for help

Subject: Re: Jump colours for help
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 21:14:00 EST

At 09:38 AM 7/4/96 +1000, you wrote:
>Can someone tell me if that horrible green is really the windows standard
>help jump colour and if so what rgb value it is. I can't get hold of a
>copy of the standards today.

>Thanks
>Colleen Dancer

>dancer -dot- colleen -at- a2 -dot- abc -dot- net -dot- au

No, it's not mandatory, merely default. You can pick any one of sixteen
colors. You can even make the jumps "invisible," meaning devoid of cues.

By default, the Control Panel registers that icky green color ("baby-puke
green" I think it's called). You can spec it in an RTF by just listing the
color as "\cf0" (last character zero). The RTF has a color def table at its
head that spells out the colors, with the first one usually being default.

Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice) 317.899.5987 (fax)
FrameMaker support ForeHelp support

Makers of DuoFrame, giving you online help and paper
documentation from a single parent FrameMaker document.

http://www.iquest.net/simply/simplywritten