Re: Fonts/Other Arguable Issues/Usability

Subject: Re: Fonts/Other Arguable Issues/Usability
From: "Dennis Hays/The Burden Lake Group, Ltd." <dlhays -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 10:14:10 -0400

At 12:25 AM 7/7/96 -0700, Sarah Lee Bihlmayer wrote:

>I'll answer this one first. I've worked very intensively with Frame on all
>three platforms for eight years. It's true that the hotkeys are not notated
>on the menus and windows. However, the lion's share of the commands and
>functions have keyboard shortcuts. Take a wild guess where the info on
>accelerator-key combinations is hidden. Yes, folks, that's right...in the
>*documentation*.

Thank you, Sarah!

I'm an old DOS PC user (and Mac, as well). Besides that, my typing speed is
maybe 30wpm with a tail wind and going downhill. So, I'm quite reluctant to
take my hands off the keyboard and grab the mouse when I don't have to.

I create a "cheat" sheet for every Frame (and other s/w) project with macros
and other shortcuts. And I consistently use Ctrl+8 and Ctrl+9 for tagging
the text as well as others for Master/Body/Reference pages, anchored frames,
cross references, and so on. Intuitive? No, not really; not like a pencil or
pen. But if I used those word processors, no one could read the text.

The manuals for any s/w accompany me to every project--my manuals--the ones
with my notes in the margins. The bottom line? Use the tools, become a
craftsperson, an artist, an expert, and become better with each task.

Dennis Hays\The Burden Lake Group, Ltd.
Voice: 518/477-6388 Fax: 518/477-5006
eMail: dlhays -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
"God doesn't want you to be certain.
That's why He gave you a brain."