Re: It's Not That Intuititive!

Subject: Re: It's Not That Intuititive!
From: Daniel Deane <ddeane -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 20:26:15 -0400

I am new to this list.
This is fun watching you folks fight over which program is better. If I see
correctly, ol Word is easier for the newcommer to learn. ( I count
intuitive as I do not need to read the manual to get started.) And given
all the keystrokes that I read in the following example, there is no reason
for me to try Frame. Or is there? BTW I am on a MAC

>Peter Gold says:

>Have you tried Tab to navigate *everywhere* in the designer's current =
>page, and either page up/down or platform-specific pop-up menu keys to =
>page through the six paragraph property groups?

>TabTabTabTabTabTab ... OK, now I'm in the right field! It works! What a =
>great solution! Silly ol' Word makes you look at the dialog, read an =
>underlined character, search around for that dang Alt key, then press =
>still another key. Oh what a pain! All I need in Frame is the Tab key! =
>I'm in heaven!

>Thanks for the tip. I guess that resolves the "usability" debate once =
>and for all. :)

Best regards,

Daniel Deane / ddeane -at- mindspring -dot- com
pob 3548
Chattanooga TN 37404