Word problems

Subject: Word problems
From: Lisa Vant <lisa -at- SENTAI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 16:50:47 -0400

Hi,

I currently have 2 really annoying problems with Word 7.0.

I'm trying to create both buttons and text in the left margin, much like the use of margin notes. The Word manual suggested using text boxes for both, but when I did this, I couldn't update the graphic field if there were changes and the text box didn't move with the regular text.

I called Microsoft support and they suggested using anchored frames. My new problem is the anchored frame pushes the normal text over if I try to move it closer to the normal text. This may be because the anchored frame can't be moved past the left margin (zero point) that I set for my styles.

Any suggestions?

Also, I'm having a problem getting the True Type font Garamond to print properly in a long document with graphics. I'm getting inter-letter spacing problems as well as overlapping text when I print. It doesn't happen when I switch to Times New Roman.

Does anyone out there have a solutions other than using different software?

TIA

lisa -at- sentai -dot- com