Common User Access standards and Technical Communicators

Subject: Common User Access standards and Technical Communicators
From: "L. Brook Sizemore" <sizemore -at- COGGINS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 15:55:23 -0500

One of our programming managers was talking with me about Common User Access
standards for Windows applications. As someone relatively new to the
software business, I was unfamiliar with the term so he continued to explain
how IBM (and later Microsoft) published some books that showed basic,
recommended standards of how Windows applications should work and appear.

I began thinking that this could be a way for me, as a writer trying to
improve our product, to become more useful in the product development process.

- Do any of you know where I can find more information on CUA? (Books,
Websites, etc.)

- Also, if you are familiar with it, is it worth learning about?

If you don't want to waste bandwidth, email me directly. And if there's
enough interest, I'll post some of the info.