Apostrophes

Subject: Apostrophes
From: "Daniel E. Wise" <dewise -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 23:18:19 -0700

Colleagues,

I think a 2-pronged offensive would be useful. The economic or budget
impact is good. I would also wheel out the big guns--Fowler, Follett,
and Copperud--on style. What Ye Old Ed probably will respond with is
Turabian, MLA, or some such crusty tome intended for scholarly
publishing or an environmentally safe alternative to sleeping pills.

And if you don't know Fowler, Follett, and Copperud, bow graciously to
your editor and do exactly as you are told.

Dan Wise