Re: AOL job posting

Subject: Re: AOL job posting
From: John Posada <John_Posada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 09:21:30 -0400

I domain, therefore I am?

I'm not speaking for this particular person, but I work for Bellcore and we
have our domain (bellcore.com)

However, I may mail from another system, not with Bellcore in the domain, and
still say US or WE. In fact, several of our own private system don't have
bellcore in the domain (thumper.com being one of them).

John Posada
- Central New Jersey Employment Manager
Society for Technical Communication
http://stc.org/region2/njc/

- Technical Proposal Writer
Bell Communications Research
(908) 699-5839 (W)
jposada -at- notes -dot- cc -dot- bellcore -dot- com

"We dont want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward'"
- Vice President Dan Quayle
I don't speak for my employer and they return the favor

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Scott Sandberg <scott_sandberg -at- SHAKER -dot- COM> wrote the
following, and I am only now reading it:

Subject: Job Opportunity with America Online

> aol: on the move

> You have changed and so have we. America Online is in a
> growth mode - people, content, facilities - everything that
> was is moving to a new arena - and we need you to move with us.

<big snip>

I must be missing something here. Why would somebody whose e-mail address
doesn't end in "aol.com" refer to America Online as "we" and "us"?

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer, who lives in lovely Vienna, Virginia, probably about
three miles from the bustling office described in the aforementioned job posting
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer)