Subject: software-eng-ese
From: Sheila Brennan <sheilab -at- BERLIOZ -dot- NSC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 13:12:59 PDT

I was looking for a reference of software engineering terms so that I could
find out what (if anything) uniquify means. Many were quick to tell me
that it is not a word and that I should come down hard on the yo-yos that
used it.

Thanks to Dan Strychalski who suggested that I do a search in Alta Vista.

Uniquify is an HTML command and the name of a package that gives
buffers unique names in emacs.

It sounds awful, but I guess these code-heads don't particularly
care about that.

TECHWR-L List Information
To send a message about technical communication to 2500+ list readers,
E-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send administrative commands
ALL other questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray, at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-

Previous by Author: software-eng-ese
Next by Author: Employment via telecommuting
Previous by Thread: Re: software-eng-ese
Next by Thread: list posting formats

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads