Object Oriented Programming

Subject: Object Oriented Programming
From: Shmuel Ben-Artzi <sba -at- NETMEDIA -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 23:14:48 +0200

Hi,

This is my first posting to this list. I have been following the thread of
discussion RE: documentation of OOP applications. It appears to me that
there are two basic issues here. The first is an understanding of the issues
specific to OOP itself. The second relates to the proper tech writing
methodologies to be applied to clear, concise and accurate documentation of
the applications developed through OOP.

On the first point, I just wanted to recommend to anyone new to writing on
this particular issue what I feel to be one of the best primers on OO. It's
called "Object Oriented Program Design" by Mark Mullin. It was first
published by Addison-Wesley in 1989 (yes, I know, three computer generations
ago). It starts out by detailing the strategies involved in OOP and then
allows you to go as deeply as you wish in understanding the complexities of
the application design process. At each step, examples are given of code in C++.

Software documentation, preparation of tutorial materials and similar
writing is an area that I am interested in getting a start in. Thus, I have
been following this thread with great interest.

Shalom,

Shmuel Ben-Artzi
Netanya, Israel
sba -at- netmedia -dot- net -dot- il