Re: Icons vs Buttons ..more

Subject: Re: Icons vs Buttons ..more
From: Alma Schipper <schippal -at- LIMS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 14:17:01 -0500

I guess that the terms "icons" and "buttons" have been used so often for so
many different things (as this thread has made obvious) that it's no longer
possible to provide complete definitions.

In my experience with Windows, I've come up with the following distinction:
to choose an icon (usually on the desktop), you have to double-click it. To
choose a button, you only need to click once.

Has anyone else noticed this? It seems a silly way to distinguish between them.

-- Alma T. Schipper :-)
RESPONDEZ S'IL VOUS PLAID -- Honk if you're Scottish!
schippal -at- lims -dot- com (518) 274-1990, ext. 165
Laboratory MicroSystems, Inc., Troy, NY USA (but speaking on my own...)