Re: note taking

Subject: Re: note taking
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 22:05:00 EST

At 04:19 PM 7/23/96 -0700, you wrote:

>How common is this practice? Personally, I went
>to college because I didn't want to be a secretary
>the rest of my life. Enlighten me here--are shorthand
>and production typing part of tech comm
>training nowadays? Should I expect to take a typing
>speed test if I apply for a new job?

Say what? I thought this sort of thing went out of fashion years ago. If
there are still employers out there looking for this sort of drudge and
calling him a "tech writer" then I'm enormously glad I'm working for myself.

Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice) 317.899.5987 (fax)
FrameMaker support ForeHelp support

Makers of DuoFrame, giving you online help and paper
documentation from a single parent FrameMaker document.

http://www.simplywritten.com/simply