DEC All-In-1

Subject: DEC All-In-1
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 11:35:58 -0400

Colleen wrote:
>I use DEC Allin1 (don't complain to me about it,
>I already complain about it to my boss)

My heavens!

I have fond memories of that system. After years of doing weekly status
reports by hand and giving them to a secretary, or writing lab SOPs and
training materials for my technicians using the line editor on a PDP-11, I
celebrated when my division finally upgraded to a VAX. We were one of the
first sites to install All-In-1, and it was sheer joy. I liked the system
enough so that I even forgave the youngster who installed it (about 12
years old; trying real hard to grow a mustache) for calling me "ma'am".

That was only 10 years ago...or was it 15...or...could it have been 20?
<sigh> How quickly our standards change.

@Kat ___________________________________ katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services, Rochester, NY
Technical writing / Editing / Document design

"She has very definite opinions on grammar, but enjoys
debating them with me before insisting on doing it her
way, rather like a cat toying with a mouse."
______T. Mauro, COPYEDITING-L (7/16/96)