[no subject]

From: David Wood <dave -dot- wood -at- MARRIOTT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 08:46:34 EST

Denise Passmore writes:

>We have been using online for over 2 years now with mixed
>success. The users for the product I write for are not very
>computer literate and are uncomfortable using online text. They
>work on laptops and are usually sitting in a client's home at
>the time they are using the system. They will use it
>(reluctantly) for reference but when it comes to doing
>complicated procedures forget it.

>While going to handbooks is an alternative, one we are
>employing, I am interested in developing cue cards which could
>be up and followed at the same time the user is working on the
>application. Has anyone employed that technique? Do any of the
>rest of you have experience with usability of online procedures?

I ran across a product called QuickCards a while back that may
accomplish some of what you're asking. It allows little yellow
"sticky note" pop-up windows to be attached to the application's
title bar.

It's by Usability Sciences Corp., Irving TX (800) 820-1222,
e-mail: quickc -at- netcom -dot- com -dot-

My information is old, but the contact name at the time was
Sharon Johnson.

Good luck...