Re: What would you do?

Subject: Re: What would you do?
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 14:31:00 -0600

Are my standards really *that* unreasonably high?

While I'd have cut them a little more slack than you over the bulleted
list, given the rest of what you've described, no. That you made it to page
4 makes me wonder if they may, in fact, be unreasonably *low*. ;{>}

What would you do? Would you point these things out to them, or
just never have any business to sent their way?

The latter. They called you, so I'm assuming there's no existing
realtionship there. Had they been someone I had some sort of a relationship
with, I'd tell them, but cold calls that don't cut it don't deserve the
extra effort. (Am I a meanie or what?) Now, if they were to call and ask
why, I'd tell them. In any case, they'd have lost the opportunity. You
never get a second chance to make a first impression, and the one they gave
me is of a company that has such a sloppy attention to detail that I'd
never be able to trust them with a project without spending gobs of time
proofing it. Not Worth It.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224