Re: Taking notes, once more with feeling

Subject: Re: Taking notes, once more with feeling
From: Alex Bilsland <Bilsland -at- ENTERPRISE -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 19:16:28 -0400

At the risk of saying "me too", I must say that providing a service such as
taking minutes or editing reports can help to establish good working
relationships with co-workers, especially the younger engineers and those
technical people for whom English is a second language. In one instance, a
senior manager said that the benefit of reading the minutes that I had
prepared was that he did not always have to attend the meetings to get an
idea of what was going on.

In a second instance, I was able to sneak in (wait for it...) Information
Mapping as a format. This format was well received by the engineers and
software developers. The evidence for my claims about ease of use and all
that good stuff was right before their eyes so to speak.

These kinds of activities go with the territory in my opinion.