Re: Do you do QA?

Subject: Re: Do you do QA?
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 09:03:25 HST

>As stated, this is bizarre enough to make me want more information. I've
never known an organization to abruptly anoint tech writers as QA engineers.
Is there some other reason that we just don't know yet...are the writers
expected to document QA procedures, for example?
Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.<

Here's a dreadful thought ... maybe the tech writers are the only ones in the
company that care about quality, so the company is dumping an unwanted,
unimportant job on them? "After all, they're only writers ... " (to suggest a
connection to the "note taking" thread)

Personally, if the QA people have the clout to change things for the better, I
think I'd enjoy it. When I'm documenting something (whether system or process),
I'm always asking myself how it could be done better, made easier for the user,
or provide more functionality. This usually produces a steady stream of
suggestions to the developers, some of which are used.

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."