Help! San Fransisco Job Search Revisited

Subject: Help! San Fransisco Job Search Revisited
From: GGarvoille -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 22:00:02 -0400

Several months ago when I was just beginning to plan moving to the San
Fransisco area, I asked you sage list readers advice in my prospective job
search. I got several very nice and helpful replies. I'm asking again now
that I've actually moved to San Leandro and started my job search full time.

While I have a technical writing degree, my actual experience is limited to a
small contract job and an internship where I helped author and edit
proposals. Thus I'm seeking advice for finding that first job or internship.

I am particuarly curious about recruiters. The one recruiter I've heard from
(a contact made via the list) was friendly but not encouraging because of my
lack of experience. Are recruiters in the bay area a good means towards that
first job?

I welcome any advice or help.

My thanks to all who have helped already,

Geoff Garvoille
"Brevity is wit"
--The Simpsons