Re: Word 7 is running my words together

Subject: Re: Word 7 is running my words together
From: "Kenneth M. Nuckols" <knuck -at- BESTBUY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 09:25:04 -0500

At 08:57 AM 8/5/96 EDT, you wrote:
>I'm having a little problem with Word 7 -- a few instances words running
>together on the printout. I have a space between them in the file, but they
>get run together. I haven't had much time to play around with it, deadlines
>and all, you know... What I can tell you is, though, that most (not all) of
>the problems are with normal face words next to bold words. In addition,
>there's even one place where the letters "pr" in "program" overlay one another.

Ruth, I had a similar problem when I upgraded to Windows 95 from
Windows 3.1 last year. The resolution was to update the printer driver for
Windows 95. This resolved the problem for me. I cannot say that this is
the only cause for such a problem, but it might be the same for you. Since
you mentioned that you recently changed OS platforms, I suspect this might
be a possibility. If you have an MIS department that updated the system,
ask them if they updated the printer driver. If you performed the update
yourself and did not upgrade the printer driver, check around on the web
(IBM's website or check "printers" in Yahoo! or another search engine) for a
Windows 95 driver for your printer. I do not know if IBM is still in the
printer game (Lexmark is the company that used to be IBM's printer
division), so a Windows 95 driver may be tough to find, but I'm sure there
has to be one out there somewhere.
Again, I can't say this is absolutely your only solution, but
perhaps it will work. Best of luck...

BTW--I'll be signing off the list tonight for a couple of weeks, since I'm
traveling to Atlantic City for a new store opening. I'll be back at the end
of the month and pick up the threads of conversation then. Talk to all of
you later.

Ken
Kenneth M. Nuckols Best Buy Co, Inc.
Corporate Trainer 7075 Flying Cloud Dr.
knuck -at- BestBuy -dot- com Eden Prarie, MN 55433
nuckler -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (612) 947-2518

"I am McMahon of Borg -- you may have already been assimilated!"
-- Anonymous