Word 6.0 and page numbering

Subject: Word 6.0 and page numbering
From: Steve Evanina <Steve -dot- Evanina -at- SCIATL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 10:21:00 -0500

We have a large chapter (+150 pages) that was broken into several
pieces. It was divided because the file was approaching 10 Meg.

We can use field codes to reset sequence numbering (List of Tables,
Figures, etc.). We can reset paragraph numbering. We can generate a
TOC using RD fields.

However, we must still manually reset the page numbers of of the
sub-pieces. Does anyone know how to automatically, reference the last
page number of the preceding file, increment the number and insert the
result into successive files? A macro maybe?

Please don't suggest the master doc feature as I've, been there and
done that and it su#$&.

Thanks
steve -dot- evanina -at- sciatl -dot- com

p.s. If there is a better forum for this question, please let me know.